ONE Stroke

Help Categories
Recent Questions
Ask A Question
Great Deals
Contact Us
Link To Us

Internet Content Rating Association

Category: Getting Started!

Question: How do I transfer a pattern to a my surface?

Answer: 1. Chacao Paper
Chaco Paper comes in blue for light surfaces and white for dark surfaces. Trace on the design, then gently wash away the lines when you're finished! Works great with acrylics, pen and ink and watercolor wash projects. Usually, the lines will disappear as you paint over it. If any line still appears UNDER your paint when you have finished your project (but BEFORE varnishing), bursh on a little bit of water and allow it to seep into the paint. The lines UNDER your paint will vanish! It comes in packages of (1) 12" x 17" sheet that is reusable many times any surface. Chaco Paper is available at Michaels, AC Moore and on-line.

2. Graphite Paper
Paper that is coated with graphite that is used like carbon paper to transfer-trace a design to a surface. It’s greaseless so it leaves your surface clean. Use light pressure in order to avoid making lines that are too difficult to remove. Before varnishing your project, use an eraser to remove any lines that remain. Once the lines are covered by varnish, they cannot be removed. Graphite paper can be found in sheets or rolls. It is available at Michaels, AC Moore and on-line..

3. Chalk or Pencils
A very effective way to transfer your pattern is to use a pencil or piece of chalk. Turn the pattern to the reverse side and ‘scribble’ over the pattern lines. Lay the pattern on your surface and treat it as you would any transfer paper. Chalk will wipe away easily with a damp cloth. Be careful not to handle your surface too much or you will erase the pattern lines. If you use a pencil, remember it is like using Graphite Paper


Copyright ©  2004-2010 by Decorative Wonders All Rights Reserved
FolkArt and ONE Stroke are Registered Trademarks of Plaid Enterprises, Inc.
This site is protected by international copyright laws and falls under jurisdiction of the U.S. government.